The Wood Dale Police Department’s Truck Enforcement Unit exists to provide safe passage through Wood Dale for all motor vehicle traffic as they share the roads with larger and heavier commercial truck traffic. Wood Dale Police Truck Enforcement officers are members of the Illinois Truck Enforcement Association.
The primary duties of the Truck Enforcement Unit are:
- Enforcement of weight and size violations
- Issuing permits for overweight and oversize vehicles using city maintained roadways
- Education of local trucking companies in regard to local and State laws
- Assisting the Illinois State Police with random truck safety checkpoints
- Coordinating truck routing in and out of the industrial park and construction sites
- Enforcement of State driver’s license classifications and State registration laws
- Handling complaints of truck traffic on residential streets
Application and payment of overweight/oversized vehicle movement permits can be completed at Oxcart Permit Systems. Please set up a free user account at www.oxcartpermits.com. Visit their website for more information or contact Officer Chuck Linkowski #132 at 630-354-6321 or email email@example.com.
Permits for Devon Ave are issued by the Cook County Highway Department.
Permits for Thorndale Ave, Prospect Ave (north of Irving Park), Addison Rd, and Wood Dale Rd are issued by the
DuPage County Highway Department.
Permits for Irving Park Rd (IL 19) and IL Route 83 are issued by IDOT.