\What if I need to contact ComEd about a project or a service concern?
The best way for ComEd customers to resolve concerns and get information is to always contact ComEd directly for ComEd related questions and service requests.
How can I contact ComEd?
You can contact ComEd online, by phone, mail, or social media.
You may contact ComEd by visiting www.ComEd.com. You can do the following online: Access “My account”, Submit a Claim, Report an outage, Start/Stop Service and Bill Payment.
Contact ComEd by calling 1-800-Edison1. The following services are available by phone: Bill payment, Start/Stop Service, Information on Smart Meter installation , Check status of an outage , adn Restore Service.
ComEd Customer Care Center
P.O. Box 805379
Chicago, IL 60680-5379
Facebook to Address Customer Concerns
Twitter to Report an outage
Video Conferencing is available for the hearing and speech impaired https://www.fedvrs.us/session/new.
The following services are available on the ComEd app: Report an outage/Restoration Status, Manage your account,
Bill Payment and Submit a Meter Reading.
How can customers go about telling ComEd that Medical Equipment exists at their location?
Customers who proactively seek information about the Medical Equipment/Life Support Tag, via speaking to a live representative at 1-800-Edison1, can request a Medical Equipment Letter to be mailed to them. The doctor is to then provide ComEd with the required documentation to verify if the customer is approved or denied for a Life Support Tag. Medical Equipment/Life Support. Tags do no prevent outages.
What if I have security concerns?
- Customers can avoid being scammed by taking a few precautions:
- Never provide social security or personal information to anyone initiating contact with you claiming to be a
- ComEd representative or requesting you to send money to another person or entity other than ComEd.
- Always ask to see a company photo ID before allowing any utility worker into your home or business.
- When in doubt, check it out. Be skeptical of individuals wearing clothing with old or defaced company logos. If you have any doubts, ask to see a company photo ID.
- Never make payment for services to anyone coming to the door.
- Please remember that ComEd representatives will never call you to ask you for cash or request that you purchase a prepaid credit card to make a payment on your bill. If you have concerns about the status of your account, call ComEd’s Customer Service line at 1-800-334-7661 (1-800-EDISON1).
- If you believe that you’ve been a target of a phone scam you are urged to contact the Illinois Attorney General’s office toll free at 1-800-386-5438 (TTY 1-800-964-3013) or visit the Illinois Attorney General’s web site at www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov and click on the link “Protecting Consumers.”