Vegetation Maintenance Activities
ComEd has a number of programs in place to help prevent power outages caused by trees and vegetation
that have the potential to interfere with power lines or electrical equipment. All work is performed free of charge by professionally trained and certified arborists
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I need to contact ComEd about a project or a service concern?
The best way for ComEd customers to resolve concerns and get information is to always contact ComEd directly for ComEd related questions and service requests.
How can I contact ComEd?
You can contact ComEd online, by phone, mail, or social media.
You may contact ComEd by visiting www.ComEd.com. You can do the following online: Access “My account”, Submit a Claim, Report an outage, Start/Stop Service and Bill Payment.
Contact ComEd by calling 1-800-Edison1. The following services are available by phone: Bill payment, Start/Stop Service, Information on Smart Meter installation , Check status of an outage , adn Restore Service.
ComEd Customer Care Center
P.O. Box 805379
Chicago, IL 60680-5379
Facebook to Address Customer Concerns
Twitter to Report an outage
Video Conferencing is available for the hearing and speech impaired https://www.fedvrs.us/session/new.
The following services are available on the ComEd app: Report an outage/Restoration Status, Manage your account,
Bill Payment and Submit a Meter Reading.
How can customers go about telling ComEd that Medical Equipment exists at their location?
Customers who proactively seek information about the Medical Equipment/Life Support Tag, via speaking to a live representative at 1-800-Edison1, can request a Medical Equipment Letter to be mailed to them. The doctor is to then provide ComEd with the required documentation to verify if the customer is approved or denied for a Life Support Tag. Medical Equipment/Life Support. Tags do no prevent outages.
What if I have security concerns?
- Customers can avoid being scammed by taking a few precautions:
- Never provide social security or personal information to anyone initiating contact with you claiming to be a
- ComEd representative or requesting you to send money to another person or entity other than ComEd.
- Always ask to see a company photo ID before allowing any utility worker into your home or business.
- When in doubt, check it out. Be skeptical of individuals wearing clothing with old or defaced company logos. If you have any doubts, ask to see a company photo ID.
- Never make payment for services to anyone coming to the door.
- Please remember that ComEd representatives will never call you to ask you for cash or request that you purchase a prepaid credit card to make a payment on your bill. If you have concerns about the status of your account, call ComEd’s Customer Service line at 1-800-334-7661 (1-800-EDISON1).
- If you believe that you’ve been a target of a phone scam you are urged to contact the Illinois Attorney General’s office toll free at 1-800-386-5438 (TTY 1-800-964-3013) or visit the Illinois Attorney General’s web site at www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov and click on the link “Protecting Consumers.”